There are a few different types of warranties one can consider when purchasing a vehicle. It’s always best to seek advice from the dealerships F&I before selecting a warranty suitable for your vehicle, this can save you time and money in the long run.
CMH Mitsubishi Menlyn has compiled a list of a few different warranty options:
- The Basic Warranty: Otherwise known as the manufacturer’s warranty. These usually come with new cars and cover most of the components in a car that might break down during the early years through normal wear-and-tear. They do not cover tyre or battery replacemnt and you can forget about it if you misuse the car.
- Dealership Warranty: This is a warranty not from the manufacturer but sold by the dealership. There may be specifics on dealership warranties, such as where you have to go to get your vehicle serviced or maintained, and generally if a component in your car does breakdown.
- The Extended Warranty: These warranties extend the coverage on a vehicle for an additional period of time after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired. Not all vehicle models are eligible for extended warranties; it depends entirely on the company. It is best to buy an extended warranty earlier on before your first warranty has expired, because the longer you wait and the older your vehicle becomes the more expensive the extended warranty will be.
- Basic Warranty: This covers a reasonable list of items within your vehicle, such as suspension, electronics, steering and exhaust. It however excludes tyres and batteries.
- Powertrain Warranty: By powertrain the mean the mechanical components of the car that makes the vehicle move. It generally includes transmission, drive shafts, axle and clutch; but if something like the engine breaks down the warranty company will not pay for a new engine.
- Rust and Corrosion Coverage: As the term implies, this covers you in the event your vehicle gets a bad case of rust. More specifically it is unlikely the warranty company will replace anything unless the rust eats a hole through the metal. This sort of thing can also be covered through insurance.
- Emissions Warranty: This is a completely separate warranty that covers any emissions problems you may experience up to a certain number of years/millage. This may be covered under the Basic Warranty, but not always.
Come into CMH Mitsubishi Menlyn and extend your vehicle’s warranty today.