Mitsubishi vehicles are known for their reliability and performance, but like any vehicle, they require regular maintenance to stay in peak condition. We have compiled 6 vehicle maintenance tips, plus additional suggestions to help you maintain your Mitsubishi
Here are some valuable vehicle maintenance tips from CMH Mitsubishi Hatfield:
- Oil changes: Oil lubricates the engine and reduces friction and heat, which helps prevent excessive wear and tear. Change your oil regularly according to your owner’s manual, or every 5,000 to 7,500 miles, whichever comes first.
- Fluid checks: In addition to engine oil, check and maintain other essential fluids regularly, such as transmission fluid, brake fluid, coolant, and power steering fluid. These fluids help keep your vehicle running smoothly and safely.
- Tyre maintenance: Proper tyre maintenance is crucial for safety and vehicle performance. Check your tyre pressure at least once a month and keep it at the recommended levels specified in your owner’s manual. Also, inspect your tyres for signs of wear and tear, such as cracks, bulges, and uneven tread wear.
- Brake inspections: Regular brake inspections are necessary to ensure the brake pads, rotors, and brake lines are in good condition. Brakes are one of the most important safety features on your vehicle, so it’s important to have them inspected and serviced regularly.
- Air filter replacement: The engine’s air filter prevents dust and debris from entering the engine, ensuring clean air for combustion. Replace the air filter according to the manufacturer’s recommendations, usually every 12,000 to 15,000 miles.
- Scheduled maintenance: Follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule, which may include timing belt replacements, spark plug changes, and other critical service that vary depending on mileage and vehicle age. Scheduled maintenance helps to identify and address potential problems before they cause major damage.
Here are some additional tips to help keep your Mitsubishi in great condition:
- Keep it clean: Don’t forget to clean the undercarriage of your vehicle, especially during the winter months. Road salt, dirt, and debris can accumulate on the undercarriage and lead to corrosion.
- Check the battery: Regularly check the battery terminals for corrosion and ensure they are securely connected. A weak or dead battery can leave you stranded, so it’s important to keep it in good condition.
- Use genuine Mitsubishi parts: When servicing your Mitsubishi, use genuine Mitsubishi parts. These parts are designed and tested specifically for your vehicle and will help to ensure its optimal performance and reliability.
By following these vehicle maintenance tips, you can help keep your Mitsubishi in great condition for many years to come.
You can book your Mitsubishi for its routine service and repair at CMH Mitsubishi Hatfield, located on the corner of Richard and Pretorius Street, Hatfield, Pretoria.
Related Blog Posts