Okay it is January yet again, lots to organise, sort out and arrange so early in the year. Are you sending your child off to college with a car? Or driving to and from high school? Is your carpool schedule filling up? Make sure you have your vehicle bucket list completed as part of your back to school preparations in 2019.
Back-to-school is a busy time for everyone! and now is the perfect time to make sure your car is in tip top shape. Be prepared and get ready for this busy time by following these simple guidelines!
- Check Your Dash Board: Have you grown accustomed to a warning light? Don’t ignore it! Have it checked out sooner rather than later. Again, catching a problem early will prevent costly repairs in the future.
- Headlights and brake lights: Be sure your lights are functioning correctly – brake lights that are burned out are a danger to yourself and other vehicles on the road. For safety, you need to be able to see and be seen.
- Have your brakes inspected: Worn brakes impede your ability to stop quickly making it more likely you’ll find yourself in an accident. To avoid this a professional mechanic should check your vehicle’s brakes regularly.
- Know Your Car: Pay attention to your car and familiarize your child with the car as well. Make sure they know where they can find the safety equipment, spare tire and owner’s manual.
- Top up all fluids. Yes, that means performing regular oil changes. But it also means checking on all the other fluids your car needs — transmission, brakes, coolants and more. Clean fluids help your engine run smoothly, while dirty fluids can cause damage
We at Mitsubishi Menlyn have a vehicle to suit your individual needs and requirements, may it be new or Pre-Owned. We strive to assist our clients in making their lives a little easier when purchasing a vehicle, one less thing to stress about when starting the New Year.