This policy applies to all visitors to our website (“you” and “your”).
- Purpose of this policy
We respect your privacy and take the protection of Personal Information very seriously. The purpose of this policy is to describe the way we collect, store, use and protect information that can be associated with a specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify that person (“Personal Information”).Personal Information:
- Includes optional information that you voluntarily provide to us (see below); and
- excludes non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us and information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum.
- Acceptance of terms
By using this website you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by these terms.
- We automatically receive and record Internet usage information on our hosting company’s server logs from your browser (“Usage information”).
- Recording calls. We may monitor and record telephone calls that you make to our call centre, unless you specifically request us not to.
- Optional details. You may provide information on a voluntary basis (“Optional information”). This includes content or product that you decide to upload or download from our website or otherwise use any optional features and functionality of the website.
- Purpose for collection. We may use any Optional information provided by you for such purposes as indicated to you at the time you agree to provide such Optional information.
- Consent to collectionWe will obtain your consent to collect Personal Information:
- In accordance with applicable law;
- At the time you provide us with any Optional information.
- Messages and updates. We may send administrative messages and email updates to you regarding the website. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
- Targeted content. While you are logged into the website, we may display targeted adverts and other relevant information based on the Personal Information. In a completely automated process, computers process the Personal Information and match it to adverts or related information. Natural persons do not read Personal Information to target adverts or other information without consent. We never share Personal Information with any advertiser, unless you specifically provide us with your consent to do so. Advertisers receive a record of the total number of impressions and clicks for each advert. They do not receive any Personal Information. If you click on an advert, we may send a referring URL to the advertiser’s site identifying that a Customer is visiting from the website. We do not send Personal Information to advertisers with the referring URL. Once you are on the advertiser’s site however, the advertiser is able to collect your Personal Information.
Sharing. We may share your Personal Information
- with other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong, being CMH (Pty) Ltd so as to;
- provide joint content and services like registration, transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. They will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their services;
Law enforcement.We may disclose Personal Information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law.
Marketing purposes.We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the Personal Information to advertisers or business partners.
Employees.We may need to disclose Personal Information to our employees that require the Personal Information to do their jobs.
Change of ownership.If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the Personal Information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your Personal Information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your Personal Information.
- Security of Personal Information
Generally we use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption to protect Personal Information. We authorize access to Personal Information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
- Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain any Personal Information your provide for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes of this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.